Where has the time gone?
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to visit my little section here at 967irock.com.
I've been doing the Midday Slot at 96-7 I-ROCK since September of 2002 and I've been pretty fortunate to meet some interesting people - listeners, business owners, politicians, and celebrities. Whether it's been at station events or just doing my grocery shopping in the Twin Cities, I'm always happy to shake hands and hear from you face to face.
I hope that my chatter between the tracks has impacted you in some way over the decade and I'm grateful that you have allowed me to be a part of your lives by sharing my wife's battles with Cancer, the births of our two daughters, my weight loss, and just the odd updates I post on Facebook and Twitter.
I'm originally from Tinley Park which if you have ever caught a show at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater (The New World Music Theater, The Tweeter Center) you have been to my home town.
I came to I.S.U in 1997 and never moved back as I worked several jobs as I pursued a Full Time gig in the Radio Business - spending time at Menards, Hundman Lumber, and even teaching Martial Arts out in Heyworth.
I've love training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at Henry BJJ since 2007, raising funds for Relay For Life, and spending time with my family.
Here were my goals for 2012:
1. Be at 100% of my daughter's activities. DONE
2. Find an additional LEGAL source of income so I can take my wife out more (babysitters cost money you know). DONE
3. Hit 190 Lbs by February 25th. DONE
4. Compete AND Medal in TWO Jiu Jitsu Tournaments. DONE
5. MAINTAIN a weight of 195lbs from February through December. ON TARGET
6. Travel to Arizona with my family to see my sister and brother-in-law (See #2) GOAL for 2013
7. Travel to Florida with my family to see my parents. DONE
8. Payoff my American Express Card. (See #2) GOAL for 2013
9. CONTINUE to Exercise 5 times a week - DDPYOGA or on the jiu jitsu mats. DONE
10. Make an impact on someone's life - listener, student, or complete stranger. DONE
Here are my goals for 2013:
01. Take care of my living will.
02. Payoff that American Express Card!
03. Travel with my family to see my Sister & Brother-In-Law in AZ
04. Motivate someone to set goals for themselves. (DONE)
05. Compete in 4 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournaments(THREE Down, ONE To Go)
06. Go on TWELVE Dates with just my wife.10 of 12
07. Host a DDPYOGA Workshop
08. Train 250 Hours with Henry Brazilian Jiu Jitsu- Team RMNU (Currently at 222)
09. Go to Vegas with my wife.
10. Go to The Bahamas with my wife.Cruise turned out to be a scam, so this is a no.